White fused aluminum oxide is an aluminum oxide abrasive created using the same process as brown fused aluminum oxide except that a higher purity alumina is used in the composition. The final product is a purer aluminum oxide that can be used in a specialty process without losing any of the strength and sharpness of brown aluminum oxide.
White aluminum oxide contains virtually no iron content making it a safe abrasive for applications that require minimal foreign contamination. This allows white aluminum oxide to be used in applications such as blasting orthopedic implant parts, aerospace components, or exotic alloys. White aluminum oxide can be found in a variety of bonded abrasives used in surface or cylindrical grinding. General industry applications for white aluminum oxide include abrasive blasting, microdermabrasion, anti-skid surfaces, and lapping.
- Abrasive blasting
- Anti-skid surfaces
- Orthopedic implant blasting
- Aerospace component finishing
- Refractory coatings
- Anchor pattern creation for coating or bonding applications
- Surface preparation and finishing of exotic alloys
- Bonded abrasives and grinding
- Sharp, angular shape
- Hardness is around 9 on the Mohs scale
- Practically zero iron content
- Due to hardness and durability, abrasive is generally reusable for multiple turns
- Chemically inert
- High-melting point
- Medium to high bulk density
- Macro, micro, and custom grit sizes and blends available
SurfacePrep is a supplier of aluminum oxide abrasives such as white aluminum oxide. Contact us today to request a quote.