Sodium bicarbonate, most commonly referred to as baking soda, (or soda) is a popular blast media for when contaminant removal is needed, but it is also critical that no etching of the substrate occur. It is an extremely soft and lightweight abrasive that is uniquely water soluble which lends to excellent degreasing of parts.
Due to sodium bicarbonate’s physical properties, it requires unique blasting equipment. There are blast cabinets and pots that are engineered specifically for this media. Because sodium bicarbonate absorbs moisture easily, it is critical that the air supply to the blast equipment be clean and dry.
- Coating removal
- Graffiti removal
- Paint removal
- Mold and die cleaning
- Mold remediation and removal
- Fire damage restoration
- Specialized pressure washers
- Oil and grease removal
- Cleaning of delicate substrates
- Crystalline shape
- Soft, one-pass media that is not reusable
- bulk density of 61 lbs. cubic foot
- Special formulations for more aggressive cleaning available
- Food grade formulations suitable for cleaning food processing equipment also available