Corn cob media has many uses in the manufacturing and finishing industries. It is often used for drying and light polishing of parts in vibratory processes. As a blasting abrasive it is effective at stripping surfaces. It is an environmentally friendly, biodegradable, compostable, and long-lasting media. It is also renewable and reclaimable.
- Drying wet parts in vibratory, tumbling, and mass finishing applications
- Use as an absorbent for drying or degreasing
- Polishing, or light deburring, of parts like ball bearings, pipe fittings, springs, golf club heads, etc.
- Stripping of wood, aluminum, fiberglass, buildings, boats, and log cabins in blasting processes
- All-natural ingredient in cosmetics and soaps
- Cleaning of delicate surfaces like brass, brick, stone, and wood
- Angular or block shape
- Hardness – approx. 4.5 Mohs
- Low bulk density – 20-30 lbs. per cubic foot