Blast cabinets are an economical, versatile piece of equipment that can be used with a variety of abrasives to accomplish many types of applications.
Cabinets can first be separated into two basic categories:
- Suction Blast Cabinets – these cabinets utilize the Venturi effect to deliver the abrasive to the blast gun via suction where it is combined with your compressed air source and propelled against the workpiece.
- Pressure Blast Cabinets – these cabinets use a pressurized vessel to contain the abrasive. In these systems, the abrasive is metered into the compressed air stream and travels the length of the blast hose under pressure to exit the nozzle.
Suction and pressure cabinets are two different tools and selecting them depends on your application, abrasive, and the needs of the job.
It can get confusing when comparing all the different models and manufacturers. SurfacePrep is there to help you find the best equipment to meet your blasting needs.
Different Types of Blast Cabinets Available:
- Suction Blast Cabinets
- Pressure Blast Cabinets
- Sodium Bicarbonate Cabinets
- Plastic Media Cabinets
- Wet Blast Cabinets
- Micro-Blasting Cabinets
Accessories for Blast Cabinets:
- Abrasive Reclamation Systems
- Dust Collection Systems
- Vertical Lift Doors
- Material Handling Equipment
- Door-Mounted Tumble Baskets