Bubble zirconia is a fused, calcia stabilized zirconia which is excellent for refractory applications due to its thermal shock resistance and chemical stability.
- Used as heat insulation and casting material under high temperatures of 1600°C to 2400°C.
- Used in high temperature, energy saving down-draft kilns, shuttle kilns, tungsten furnaces, induction furnaces, etc for insulation
- Crystal Form: Cubic and Monoclinic mixture
- True Density: 5.60 – 5.70 g/cm3
- Hardness: Knoop 1160, Mohs 6.5
- Melting Point: 2550 °C (4622 °F)