Powder coating is one of the fastest growing sectors in the industrial finishing market.
Advanced technology and innovations in powder coating equipment and curing ovens have led to more companies investing in equipment for in-house production. Powder has a tremendous advantage over liquid products. Like electrostatic paint systems and guns, the powder is negatively charged as it enters the gun and parts are grounded to attract the powder. This provides good coating wrap-around and excellent transfer efficiency. Powder coating is more durable than coats of paint. Additionally, there are no special permit regulations for powder coating as there are for liquid paint applications. We represent Gema as their largest distributor in the UK.
Common Types of Powder Coating Systems:
- Box Feed Units – Common for colour changing applications because you can easily clean the colour out of gun and change the powder boxes.
- Hopper Feed Units – Used in high production or for applications that do not require colour changes. The hopper itself is fluidised to keep the powder fluid and well mixed. Hopper feed units can be mounted on a cart or left stationery for high-production flow-through systems. Hopper units can also be combined with powder recovery and reclaim systems.
Types of Powder Coating Guns and Applicators:
- Manual Guns – Lightweight with integrated controls to adjust powder flow rates and electrostatic charge. The latest technology for controlling high voltage and current is standard on all systems. The purge function can also be activated on the gun.
- Automatic guns and powder bells – Deliver the most consistent and highest quality finishes and can even be integrated with a robotic system for high-production lines.
- Full booth systems – Incorporate the recovery and extraction units to achieve high reclaim rates and fast colour changes. These can be designed to fit into your existing coating line or building.
We can also offer you a full turnkey powder coating plant including the conveyor, dry oven, cure oven and pre-treatment system. All designed in house to suit any requirements.
SurfacePrep UK offers a variety of powder coating systems to fit your needs.